Tuesday 12 June 2007

Two exceptional, beloved, spiritual teachers:
The first time I participated in the daily teaching on Tibetan Buddhist philosophy at the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives was in 1998 and I did not understand much…I was just amazed and in awe of the Tibetan lama Sonam Richen Rimpoche, and his devoted and loyal British translator, Ruth Sonam and I wondered whether they were...married (!) – Sonam & Sonam... OK, this was in 1998… Since then I understand a bit more. And I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity, since late 2005, to study Buddhist philosophy and also to be here in Dharamsala, and receive so much from these incredible people. Sonam Rinchen Rimpoche and Ruth Sonam have been conducting these classes since 1978! And have seen hundreds of committed students… whose life has certainly been influenced and touched by this two people who complement each other exceptionally well.